If kids in the kitchen are looking for a healthy snack-activity before the Thanksgiving feast, get creative with a turkey crudite. Serve it with this homemade spinach dip. Thanksgiving at the kids table. Kids Thanksgiving recipes. Recipe is from Kidstir.com by Deanna F. Cook with photographs by Katie Craig.
If you're looking for a snack-activity before the big feast, get creative with a turkey crudite. Serve it with this homemade spinach dip
- 1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- Salt and black pepper
- Veggie turkey dippers (such as bell peppers, cucumbers, asparagus, carrots, celery, black olives)
- Place the thawed spinach in a colander. Squeeze out the excess liquid. Then place it into a food processor.
- Mix the spinach, sour cream, cream cheese, Parmesan, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together in a food processor until smooth.
- Cut and arrange the veggie dippers in a turkey shape. Add a bowl of the spinach dip to the plate for the turkey face. Then add a pepper beak and olive eyes. Serves 10
Recipe is from Kidstir.com by Deanna F. Cook with photographs by Katie Craig.