Kids in the kitchen start the day with a healthy parfait made with fresh strawberries! Recipe is from Kidstir.com by Deanna F. Cook with photograph by Katie Craig.
Start your day with a healthy parfait made with fresh strawberries!
- 1 pint fresh strawberries
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 cup granola
- First, rinse the strawberries in a colander in the sink. Wash them right before you plan to use them – rinsed berries can go bad quickly in the fridge!
- Cut off the green top of the strawberries. Slice 5 or 6 of them and place in a small bowl.
- Put the rest of the strawberries into a blender. Add 1 tablespoon of maple syrup and blend until smooth. Set the strawberry sauce aside.
- Stir the yogurt and 1 tablespoon of maple syrup in another small bowl.
- Now build your breakfast sundaes! Layer a big spoonful of granola, yogurt, sliced strawberries and sauce. Repeat with another layer. Makes 2 large or 4 small Sundaes.